The Galaxy Series is a massive, LGBT-normalized science fiction space opera I’ve been working on for over two years now. I’ve spent a lot of time world building, outlining, and organizing the characters and plots into a book series with an amazing story. Today, I’ve planned six books and I hope, when the time is right, you’ll enjoy the colorful tale of the galaxy’s finest as I plunge them into seemingly hopeless chaos and turmoil with unpredictable twists and turns along the way.
Over two years after the inception of Galaxy, I still haven’t published anything…but trust me, I’ve done a ton of world building. Here’s a progress report of the critical pieces that I have been working on over the past year, building upon the first year of foundation laying.
In order to finish The Climb, I had to set Galaxy on the back burner. With The Climb publishing on December 1, 2016, I’ve started working on it again.
To the best of my ability, I’ve laid out the six books of the series and their titles in the following order:
- Book 1 – The Art of Cold War
- Book 2 – The Art of Deception
- Book 3 – The Art of Insurrection
- Book 4 – The Art of Retribution
- Book 5 – The Art of Massacre
- Book 6 – The Art of Unity
- Created a master time line and loose “back story” for the galaxy.
- Overhauled and added to the library of resources and references in Evernote, including an entirely new how things work section.
- Further defined roles, other rules, and a framework for consistency and canon
- Listened to over 200 self publishing and science fiction podcasts, and scoured the interwebs for countless articles on good, better, and best science fiction.
- Defined the initial point-of-view characters that will open the series and book one.
- Further defined and expanded the galactic map to include more place and things the story needs. I’m now on version 7.4.
- Started writing!!!