I Completed P90X
I did it!
I completed P90X on March 10, 2013. I can’t believe the things I can do now that I couldn’t do when I started. For example:
- I could barely do 3 pull-ups without help. I can now do 12-16 unassisted.
- I struggled to complete 15 push ups. I can now crank out 30 – more than once.
- I could not do diamond push ups. I now can.
- I could not do the complete Ab Ripper X workout; I can now!
I thought I was in shape. I wasn’t.
- Back in the fall of 2012, I would run up the stairs at work (two flights) and be out of breath when stopping to talk with someone. I knew I needed to change something.
- I thought I could do the Yoga X workout without a problem. (Insert insane laughter here.) I had no idea Yoga was so difficult. But I can do it now.
I’m back in size 32 pants.
An unexpected benefit – losing weight around my midsection. Even though I have trimmed fat and toned muscle over the past 90 days, I still want to work on some toning and muscle-building. After years of having a healthy 34″ waist (remember I’m 6′ 3″), I’m back in 32″ waist pants.
I can’t wait to keep going.
For the first time in my life, I miss working out. I took a few days off once I completed P90X – and I actually miss working out. This is a good sign, as I look forward to beginning P90X2 in a few weeks. I will schedule some P90X workouts between now and then to keep me going.