I’m thrilled to let you know that you can grab my brand new novel, The Climb, today! It’s available in:
- Paperback and Kindle from Amazon.
- eBook from Apple iBooks, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, and Google Play Books.
Length: 133,000 words
THE CLIMB is the uplifting coming-out-gone-wrong story of sixteen-year-old Skyler Phoenix and his journey to find love and acceptance after his devout foster family kicks him out for being gay.
Skyler’s athletic good looks and charisma make him a sought-after prize among the girls at Cornerstone Christian Academy. There’s just one problem: Skyler and Cameron, his best friend, fell in love months ago and they enjoy spending as much time as possible together. Since their parents and their conservative churches vehemently disapprove of homosexuality, the boys agree to become secret boyfriends until they can find the courage to come out to the world.
Life is great until their parents accidentally discover their dirty little secret and all hell breaks loose. Disgusted, Skyler’s foster parents evict him when the ex-gay prayer therapy they send him to doesn’t work. Torn from his world and relocated to a new foster home several hours away, Skyler finds himself struggling to believe his strange new family would welcome him—sinful gayness and all—into their home.
When Skyler meets Dale and Liara Kelley, their teenage son Colton, and his inner circle of friends, he resists the welcoming arms that offer him unconditional love without judgement. With defenses around his heart and his trust at an all-time low, the once-strong Skyler struggles to accept himself even when his new friends and an especially cute guy named Kalin Mars offer him the chance to believe in love again.
Here’s what three people have written about The Climb:
- THIS STORY WAS AMAZING and evoked so many emotions: happiness, anger, sadness, empathy. I appreciate a writer who can take me on an emotional, vivid journey through a story. Thank you, Mr. Benoit-Ledoux. This book is proof that a well-written story can reach far beyond a predefined intended audience. – Tina, New Hampshire.
- I COULD IMMEDIATELY RELATE to the thoughts and actions of the main character, Skyler, as he struggled with reconciling his sexuality with his religion. Benoit-Ledoux realistically depicts the adverse effects that religion can have on sexuality while showing there is hope. By the end of the novel, I wanted to embrace Skyler for triumphing in an area where many still struggle. – Chris, Missouri.
- READING THIS STORY WAS an emotional roller coaster of joy, indignation, sadness, and hope. No matter how you identify, we can all relate to aspects of Skyler’s journey. From the butterflies of first love to the trials and tribulations of high school, ‘The Climb’ reminds us that growing up is hard work. Benoit-Ledoux has crafted a truly beautiful story. – Josh, Nevada.
Please enjoy this exclusive treat for Spotify* users. Check out the official playlist of The Climb, an LGBT coming-of-age novel by written by me. This story’s main character, Skyler Phoenix, curated this special playlist for you to enjoy.
*Requires a Spotify Account